Postcards Recipe and songbook Poster Dictionary/Phrase book Calendar Main site
Results of Conference in Balatonlelle
Over the 5 day conference projects were designed for all the participating schools based around the theme of tourism. The final project titles are as follows.
Each of these projects will have a coordinating school that will be responsible for keeping people up to date on ideas and deadlines.
This is a summary of the basic information decided while in Hungary. More detailed information shall be forwarded by the coordinators in due course to confirm the dates etc.
Front Balatonlelle Jul - Benalmadena
Jan Triebes Aug - Balatonlelle
Feb Estonia Sept - American Academy
Oct - Eisenberg
Nov - Estonia
May Sutton Coldfield Dec - Triebes
Jun American Academy Back Sutton Coldfield
1) Total number of students asked?
2) How often did you go on holiday (2+nights) in 2002?
3) How many times did you travel abroad during 2002?
4) To which countries did you travel?
5) In which months did you travel?
· Pupils can add other questions that they think will give them a good indication about tourism in their area.
· is questionnaire should be designed by pupils aged 13-15 years.
· All the information: Questionnaire results, graphs, tables, outline map, pictures etc needs to be sent to each school by 28th February 2003.
· The information sent to each school should be for the finished display so when it is received at is ready to be put up.
· It is suggested that a class of small groups work on the poster display completing the basic information about their country within the outlines so that you have 7 different maps. This saves on photocopying.
· This project will include basic phrases a tourist might need if they were to visit one of the participating countries.
· This can be on going and added to at various stages.
· Hungary will send the 50 or so phrases written in Hungarian, English and German to each school by 30th November 2002.
· Each school will check this, and for the Cyprus school they will need to add their translation. This needs to be done, and sent back to Hungary by 15th January 2003.
· Each school will need to make a tape or CD copy of the phrases spoken by the children. This needs to be sent to each school by 30th March.
· This is a quick and easy idea aimed to get the pupils from each school interested in Comenius.
· Each school is to send 5 postcards to each other school. (35 post cards in total)
· The pupils write in English and their National language.
· This is to be done by 30th October.